Your exclusive home away from home in Argentina’s Patagonia.
Puerto Thienemann is tucked away in an exclusive bay at the foot of the majestic Cerro Lopez and on the shores of Lago Moreno.
Two hours by plane from Buenos Aires and a 45 minute drive from the International Airport of San Carlos de Bariloche, this family home is designed and decorated to reflect the beauty of everything that is natural and indigenous to the south of Argentina. During the 4 seasons of the year, the bay, the forest, and the pre-cordillera, leave one with unforgettable memories of a contact with nature, which surrounds this home hidden in the forests of the Nahuel Huapi National Park in the exclusive area of Llao Llao.
Amenities and Services
From the moment you arrive you will feel nature inviting you to relax and enjoy our exclusive hideout in Argentina’s Patagonia.
- Pto.Thienemann can accommodate a maximum of 8 adults and 5 children.
- This home is for exclusive use of each group or family that arrives.
- The master bedroom with separate dressing room and bathroom with Jacuzzi also has an adjoining private living room with views of the garden, the lake and the pre-cordillera.
- In addition this home has three bedrooms en-suite, two of which share a living room accessing the garden and the lake.
- A 4th bedroom en-suite is located on the higher floor with a beautiful view of the lake and pre-cordillera.
- Crossing a footbridge that overlooks the living room is a large playroom with bunk beds and private bathroom that can accommodate five children, who in turn, will thoroughly enjoy the slides, swings, climbing structures and small house in the woods.
The location and design of this home not only provides privacy, but also spacious comfort for the whole family.
All our meals are homemade with products from our organic vegetable garden; it is nutritious, healthy, tasty and varied. We can adjust each meal to your special needs, no-salt, vegetarian, no gluten and others.
During your stay with us, you will enjoy our specialized attention at every moment
YOU WILL ALSO ENJOY:
- Using the gymnasium just across the garden on the edge of the Lake.
- Just relaxing or meditating on the decks or garden overlooking the lake.
- An outdoor Jacuzzi on the shore of the lake.
- The indoor Jacuzzi and Sauna.
- A playground for the little ones.
- Strolling around the 3-hectares surrounding the property, visiting our organic vegetable garden and fruit trees or just walking through the untouched woods.
- Venturing outside the property to the surrounding hills offers magnificent views not only of Lago Moreno but also of the Nahuel Huapi and Brazo Tristeza.
- Satellite Internet connection, Wi-Fi, and Satellite television.
- Transportation between Puerto Thienemann and San Carlos de Bariloche International airport.
This region lends itself very well to enjoy different recreational activities, contemplative and/or adventurous. Upon your request we can suggest different contacts with tour operators for each specialty.
- Car rentals.
- Tourist Guides; both private and in groups.
- Excursions offered both by Lake and road.
- Great hiking is available with different difficulty levels and interests.
- White Water Rafting.
- Horseback riding.
- Water Skiing.
- Snow skiing (in season).
Each of these activities requires reservation in advance and has additional costs that each tour operator will inform you of.
We provide laundry service that has an additional cost.
The beautiful bay in which Puerto Thienemann is situated is a privileged location, surrounded by mountains on the edge of Lake Moreno and with access to Lago Nahuel Huapi, this was what originally inspired pioneer Horst Thienemann and his wife Lotty to settle in this virgin territory, upon their arrival from Europe in the early years of the 20th century
Their history recreates that of the many immigrants as they left behind countries at war, and chose to settle in this majestic location looking to fulfill their dreams. Backed by a refined education, they longed to settle in peaceful surroundings. The construction in 1928 of their original home and shipyard with its own piers, surrounded by magical colors and the wonderful sounds of nature, was ideal for those who arrived in an adventurous mood. In his shipyard Horst Thienemann built some of the most emblematic wood boats in the area, some of which are still navigating the Nahuel Huapi. Horst Thienemann was an extraordinary man, reading his story can change our thoughts of those legendary years.Continue reading...
Spend your next vacation at your home away from home, come visit Puerto Thienemann.
We look forward to answering all your questions, if you write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can complete the form below with your questions and we shall get right back to you: